The Presidents Photo Competition 2018
There were two joint winners of the 2018 competition. Congratulations to Alice Marzocchi and Angela Bahamon des Dominguez. The two winning entries are below.
Dr Alice Marzocchi, Marine Systems Modelling,. National Oceanography Centre, European Way, Southampton, SO14 3ZH
Title: Leaving Brighton for an “aerial survey” of the new wind farm.
This is a picture I took from the pier in Brighton, of the recently commissioned Rampion Wind Farm. This is the first offshore wind farm in the south coast and comprises 116 turbines that have already started generating power and delivering electricity to the grid. Once fully operational, the farm should generate enough green electricity to power the equivalent of 350,000 UK homes, which equals to almost half of the homes in Sussex.
Angela Bahamondes Domínguez, Ocean and Earth Science, National Oceanography Centre Southampton.
Caption: Overfishing is one of the biggest threats to the health of our oceans. A sustainable system and policies for fishing produced by local people could find a balance between population needs and resource availability for a sustainable ocean. Photo taken in Chiloe Island, Chile.
Ocean Business 2019
Sales job opening with Planet Ocean
Planet Ocean have an opening for a Scientific and Technical Sales Engineer.
Summary of Position
- Responsible for sales of marine science technology products
- Support the achievement of annual sales targets in line with company business strategy
- Build long term relationships with all relevant personnel in customers organisations
- Represent Planet Ocean at public forums and trade shows
- Organising and undertaking product demonstrations
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
You are invited on behalf of the World Meteorological Organisation and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, to the meeting of the Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October in Amsterdam, Netherlands.