Professor Gideon Henderson FRS is a geochemist whose research focuses on the influence of marine chemistry on the carbon cycle and climate, and on understanding long-term climate change by study of the past. A particular expertise is the use of natural radioactive isotopes to establish the rates of oceanic processes, and the timing of past climate events. He seeks to understand components of the climate system with relevance to the future, including changes in rainfall, sea level, permafrost, and ocean circulation.
Gideon played a leading role in establishing the GEOTRACES marine-chemistry programme, serving as Co-Chair for the SCOR-sponsored international steering committee for its first six years. He is Head of the Earth Sciences Department at the University of Oxford.
Further details are at: http://www.earth.ox.ac.uk/people/profiles/academic/gideonh
Ocean Business 2019
Sales job opening with Planet Ocean
Planet Ocean have an opening for a Scientific and Technical Sales Engineer.
Summary of Position
- Responsible for sales of marine science technology products
- Support the achievement of annual sales targets in line with company business strategy
- Build long term relationships with all relevant personnel in customers organisations
- Represent Planet Ocean at public forums and trade shows
- Organising and undertaking product demonstrations
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
You are invited on behalf of the World Meteorological Organisation and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, to the meeting of the Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October in Amsterdam, Netherlands.