Professor Peter Burkill
Peter Burkill is Professor of Ocean Science at Plymouth University, UK and Adjunct Visiting Scientist at National Institute of Oceanography Goa, India. His background is in biological oceanography and his research has been on the role of microzooplankton in marine food-webs. He has published 140 peer-reviewed papers and accumulated an h-index of 47. He was a member of HEFCE’s Earth Sciences RAE2007 and REF2014 panels. He served as SCOR’s President 2014-2016 and continues on SCOR’s Executive until 2020. His main activity is the development of international ocean sciences, particularly in the Indian Ocean.
Ocean Business 2019
Sales job opening with Planet Ocean
Planet Ocean have an opening for a Scientific and Technical Sales Engineer.
Summary of Position
- Responsible for sales of marine science technology products
- Support the achievement of annual sales targets in line with company business strategy
- Build long term relationships with all relevant personnel in customers organisations
- Represent Planet Ocean at public forums and trade shows
- Organising and undertaking product demonstrations
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
You are invited on behalf of the World Meteorological Organisation and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, to the meeting of the Satcom Forum, 9th-11th October in Amsterdam, Netherlands.