Our mission is to:
- Provide a technical forum for students, educators, researchers and governmental and industrial partners with shared interests in marine biogeochemistry;
- Communicate and facilitate the proposal of strategic research, infrastructure development and collaboration;
- Connect Early Career Researchers (ECRs) with the UK-marine biogeochemical network;
- Enable access to mentoring across institutions for early- and mid-career marine biogeochemists;
- Disseminate recent advances in marine biogeochemistry through the biennial AMBIO science meetings;
- Promote ECRs and celebrate important contributors to marine biogeochemistry through awards, recognition and social engagements at AMBIO meetings;
- Engage other Special Interest Groups for the benefit of cross-disciplinary research.
Biennial Science Meetings
AMBIO holds a biennial science meeting at rolling locations across the UK and welcomes up to 100 delegates over 3 days from home and abroad. Our next science meeting, AMBIO IX, is being planned for June 24-27th 2019. Further announcements are coming soon.
Latest News: Minutes of AMBIO Town Hall Meeting (2018) now available
AMBIO held a half-day Town Hall event after the 2018 Challenger Society Conference in Newcastle. Minutes from this meeting are available here, and include our latest SIG developments, present national capability and strategic funding opportunities, plans for AMBIO IX and identified actions for our members. Thanks to all who supported this event and to those who did so remotely but could not attend on the day.
Links to past meetings
AMBIO VIII - The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS), September 6th-8th, 2017. You can read a summary of this event on the Challenger blog page.
AMBIO VII - University of Oxford, January 6th-8th, 2016. You can read a summary of this event here.
For any related interests please contact Will Homoky (Chair): email@example.com
Department of Earth Sciences, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3AN, UK
Follow on twitter: @ChallengerAMBIO
Related: @willhomoky @challengersoc
Associate Editor Positions - Journal of Operational Oceanography
Jounrnal of Operational Oceanagraphy is seeking to appoint Associate Editors.
Coastal Ocean Processes - UEA - April 1st and 2nd 2019
Please go to the Coastal Processes SIG page for detail of the meeting....