What are the benefits of joining The Challenger Society for Marine Science?
- You receive the Society's journal, Ocean Challenge, and Challenge Wave, the Society's monthly newsletter
- You find out about people, news, events and employment opportunities in marine science and you are provided with informed articles on topical issues
- You will learn about the exciting discoveries that have radically altered our view of the oceans and the part they play in our lives
- You find out how interdisciplinary teams of marine scientists are studying critical issues such as the impact of human activity on global climate, rises in sea level and pollution control
- You are able to attend, at reduced rates, the biennial Challenger conference and a range of other scientific meetings supported by the Society
- You may contribute to the public debate concerning our use of the world's seas and resources
- You will join a Society that provides a collective voice to represent the interests of marine scientists in political and policy consultations
How much does it cost?
There are five categories of membership:
The subscription runs from 1st January each year for the calendar year.
- Student Member £20 per year
- Retired Member £20 per year
- Ordinary Member £40 per year
- Honorary Life Member Free of Charge
- Corporate Membership £150 per year
- Library membership £40 per year