SCOR Announcement - Southern Ocean opportunities
SCOR have announced two opportunities for Southern Ocean scientists with upcoming deadlines:
1. Call for Nominations to the SOOS Scientific Steering Committee
The Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) and the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) invite nominations of qualified individuals to serve on the Scientific Steering Committee of the Southern Ocean Observing System (SOOS).
For further information on this call, please visit http://soos.aq/about-us/ssc/nominations
The deadline for nominations is 1 February 2018.
2. MARINE ECOSYSTEM ASSESSMENT FOR THE SOUTHERN OCEAN
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE | 9-13 APRIL 2018 | HOBART, AUSTRALIA
Abstracts are due on 15 December 2017 and are invited on any of the four main conference themes
(select the links to take you to the web site for more details on each theme).
1. Assessments of status and trends in habitats, species and ecosystems, and the causes of change
2. Responses of species to changing habitats, including ocean acidification, sea ice and temperature
3. Modelling and analytical methods to assess status and trends
4. Implementation of observing systems to estimate dynamics and change
You can also submit abstracts for consideration in the one-day Policy Forum on "Delivering science into policy: needs, expectations and delivery".
For registration and abstract submissions, please visit the conference website at www.measo2018.aq. The conference is co-hosted by the Australian Antarctic Division and the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Cooperative Research Centre.
We look forward to seeing you in Hobart!
From the MEASO2018 Local Organising Committee
Abstracts can be submitted at http://www.measo2018.aq/abstracts.